Saturday, March 24, 2012

I'm Back!

Life has only gotten better since I was last here. Our debt is gone, I've changed jobs and been promoted a few times, had a wonderful baby boy, and I'm still head over heels for my guy.

The biggest change, our bouncing baby boy, has caused us to look at our life goals a little closer and encouraged us to make some big decisions.

Hubby has wanted to open up his handyman/remodel business for years and has decided to take a leap in that direction. We ponied up nearly $1000 for his contractor's license school and testing fees.

Our next step is to save 8 - 10K as an emergency buffer for the lean months. He has a renewed energy doing odd jobs to save that money. I didn't realize how passionate he was about having a company of his own and wish I would have been more encouraging a long time ago.

We also decided we are on a 4 year and 4 month countdown. If we aren't successful enough to become a single income supported family in 4 years and 4 months, we're moving out of San Diego. Why the odd timeline? Because it's important to me that our son be homeschooled and he's 4 years and 4 months from his 5th birthday.

Things that haven't changed? My husband's inability to sit still. At home or at work, he's always working to make things better. I've got a giant unfinished hole in my kitchen wall and a halfway plastered wall in my dining room (more on that later) but in the end... I know it will look amazing because everything he does turns out that way and I guess that's why I'm confident we'll still be here in 4 years and 4 months.

No comments: