Wednesday, October 14, 2015

Day 14...

Day 14 of No Spending: Reflection Day. Christopher Atkinson and I decided to do this as a dare with the side benefit of saving money. Oh who am I kidding, Chris was dragged along and he’s been a trooper our whole marriage with my harebrained ideas. I had no intention of learning anything but so far, this has been incredibly impactful to the way I think about money. Declan started sharing a room with Cash and wasn’t transitioning well. Normally, we would respond by going ...to Target and letting him pick out new bedding. Since that option wasn’t on the table, he got lots of hugs, love, and cuddle time. And I realized how often I throw money at problems to make the kids happy when they would probably get more from a little extra cuddle time. I have a feeling this will be our new yearly ‘reset’ to money attitudes. Sorry Chris. 17 more days...

No comments: