Sunday, May 13, 2012

So You Want to See the 'Italy' Wall?


Turns out, after I sobered up *cough*  I mean, woke up the next morning and saw the wall reflecting the beautiful sunshine, it was still the perfect shade of Italy. 

We haven't put the switch covers or the baseboard/crown molding back up yet, but here it is...



*The specifics:  It's a Venetian Plaster finish that must be applied with a wide putty knife and requires a minimum of 3 layers plus a waterproof topcoat.  You have to sand between the layers, wipe the wall down with a towel, and.. yeah, a whole bunch of other steps.  It's labor intensive - but it's worth it.  I can say that because I'm not the one who actually did the work.  Chris may disagree with my assertion.*  

3 comments:

Deborah Hays said...

I LOVE it!!! CAn you guys (Christopher) do that here????

Love you, mom

Deborah Hays said...

I LOVE it!! Can you guys (Christopher) do that here??

Love you, mom

Lizzie M. said...

Wow! Looks fabulous!!!!