Thursday, April 12, 2012

Clingy…

I’ve said it before… a lot... I’m struggling with those last few post-baby pounds. I’ve been sticking to a diet of lean protein and lots of greenery, limiting my sugars - even fruits. Sure, I wanted to lose the weight to feel better but more importantly, I wanted to lose the weight to fit back into my old clothes.

I shop for jeans every 10 years or so, so I was desperate to fit into those blues… well, without muffin top action.

Those nasty 5 extra pounds clung like some of my ex-boyfriends.

Fed up with counting calories and watching my food, I gave up. I launched into rolled tacos, carne asada fries, and demolished a pint of Chubby Hubby. I started drinking beer again. Easter weekend, I jumped into a dish of pesto pasta, and topped it off with a locally brewed beer, and followed that with two glasses of wine. Easter Sunday? Jelly bellies, eggs with cheese, and snickers bars.

Monday morning, I carefully pulled out the scale from under the bathroom sink. I gingerly stepped on it, knowing I’d likely packed on 5 more pounds in my week of ‘giving up’.

The red numbers ticked upward and my heart slowly sank…

Until the numbers stopped…

One pound UNDER my pre-pregnancy weight.

What the..??

There is a God… and He LOVES me.

1 comment:

Lizzie M. said...

I'll be sure to pass this important carne asada info on to Randy :-)