Friday, April 6, 2012

Keeping Secrets

Don't tell my husband but I'm keeping a huge secret.

Hubby takes care of everything he owns. He meticulously scrubs, oils, and maintains his tools. He lovingly puts them each in their own 'home'.

Unfortunately, he is the same with kitchen tools... our pots and pans included.

Me? Unless it's technology, I beat it up. Pots and pans? Yeah, them too.

So when hubby read the fine print on our pots and pans that said, 'NOT DISHWASHER SAFE', he told me to never put them in the dishwasher lest I wash off their teflon.

As a tired mommy, oh who am I kidding, LONG before I became a tired mommy, I was a tired working lady. A tired working lady who HATES hand washing dishes. I mean really, why the heck else were dishwashers invented?

So, while hubby slaves away working nights or going to school at nights, I...

oh man, I shouldn't admit this...

I put the pots and pans in the dishwasher.

Yeah.

In the morning, I sprint from bed and throw the pots under the stove, pretending they haven't been scoured by our mechanical cleaning machine.

This morning, I forgot I put his precious pans in the 'evil' dishwasher so while he told me about his day after work, I told him to sit on the couch, kick his feet up and I'd bring him a drink.

"Oh honey, you deserve a break and I love you so much" I said, sweat dripping from my forehead hoping he wouldn't catch my lie. I practically tripped over our rug while bringing him his beer, running back into the kitchen to throw the pans in the cabinet.

He didn't catch me this time (actually, he thought I was awesome for being such a cool wife bringing him beer)...

but eventually...

he'll catch me and...

I'll pretend it's the first time.

By the way, the teflon looks fine.

No comments: