Monday, June 25, 2012

De-Li-Cious

I was forced to purchase a suit for a formal meeting at work this week. I hate shopping but even more, I hate clothes shopping.

Being cheap and having a poor body image has done wonders at creating the frugal person I am today. My husband doesn't appreciate my frugality nearly as much as he should. In fact, he should encourage it. When I ask the age old question, 'Does this make my butt look big?', he should respond 'Yes'.

I'd never go shopping again.

Instead, he grabs my butt, says 'Best butt on the planet!' and well.. other things I can't repeat. Some of us just can't catch a break.



I had spent hours at the mall trying on every suit in every store. Frustrated, I finally bought one on the clearance rack. Dejected from seeing my nearly naked body in the worst lighting, I moped as I left the shopping mall.

Walking to my car, a man walking toward me stopped suddenly, looked me up and down, and said, 'De-Li-Cious!' as if ogling a Sports Illustrated swimsuit model.

Shocked, I stopped walking and he continued forward past me saying, 'MMMMMMmmmmmmMMMMMmm' still staring.

I could say how much I hate it when men 'objectify women' or say inappropriate things but....

every once in a while, it's nice to be called delicious.

2 comments:

Coy Martinez said...

I often wonder if there's anything worse than dressing room lighting in mall stores. Do they not know the damage that they're doing to sales and to our self-esteem? HAHAHA :)

I had a guy stare a hole through my ass yesterday at the grocery. Do they have no shame? HAHA!

Beks said...

No shame! But it felt nice I'm sure!