Thursday, September 6, 2012

About Your Car...

I grabbed my cell phone quickly as it vibrated across my desk last week.  "Hello?"

"Hi!  This is Allison from the Collision Center.  We've got some bad news about your car.  Um.  The piece we ordered.  Um.  Didn't fit."

I said nothing.

"Uh.  We need to order another bumper from the dealer and, uh, it could take a few days."

I could hear her cringing, waiting for me to yell.  "Look.  Normally, I'm quite the laid back gal but I'm driving the ugliest blue beast of a rental car and I'm a bit desperate to get out of it."

"Sorry... but I think we could have you back in your vehicle by next Wednesday." she said.

I dialed the rental car agency.

"Wuz up!  This is Kyle."

Glad to see professionalism isn't dead.

"Hey Kyle.  This is Rebekah.  I'm the one driving the 'sassy' blue Nissan Versa."

I heard Kyle snicker.

"Any chance I could do a switch?  Maybe upgrade to something larger?" I asked.

"I've got a rockin' minivan but that's about it.  'Member?  Still a holiday weekend. Oh. And the minivan upgrade?  Totally not covered by the other dude's insurance."

I'd like to punch Kyle.

Looks like another week with the blue beast.

2 comments:

Lizzie M. said...

With all of those out of work, surely Kyle is not the best they could find....

Enjoy the sassy car!

TheFitnessFreak said...

Dang it! And I still haven't seen you driving it so I can't even make fun of you!!