Saturday, July 28, 2012

And the election results are in...

My sister asked me to speak on her behalf for her nomination to a local public office. Naturally painfully shy, public speaking is not my forte. Not only am I terrified to do any sort of public speaking, I'm not good at it. I sound like the love child of Dr. Seuss and Yoda.

I had a three minute window so I wrote a perfect five minute speech knowing I'd forget some of it. My name was called, I stood, cleared my throat, and gave a 15 second speech.

Yes.

15 seconds.

So much for my future as an oratorian.

But it must have been amazingly compelling because... she won.

Let's just pray they don't go looking for dimpled chads.

Next, the 2016 presidency.

After that...

world domination.

1 comment:

TheFitnessFreak said...

And an impressive 15 seconds they were!! I don't believe in rambling anyways : )