Sunday, May 11, 2008

Happy Mother’s Day

OK… so I’m a little late but I had a busy day and my cell phone ran out of juice and Target was low on the Ding Dong supply and…

I just wanted to wish the lovely mom’s in my life a Happy Day. As much as I hate being serious, some days just call for a little bit of… ugh… love.

Grams J: Though not technically MY mom, you are a super cool mom to my mom. We love you tons!

Grams H: I don’t think I ever see you without a book or a newspaper in your hands… now I know where I get that from! I miss you!

Colegate: You have three of the craziest boys… but they are one day going to be some super manly men who open doors for the ladies. Tallon will be opening a lot of doors if you know what I mean. Thank you for making them hug me goodbye. At least I know someone is forced to love me.

Stef: Not only are you always doing something fun and creative for the girls, you document it through pictures and share them with us. I can’t be with you guys but I feel like I see them growing up from where I am. Thank you for sharing them with us. You have some lucky lucky girls.

Lizard: OK, so I’m not there when the kids are crazy so I may be a little one sided but you have such tender kidlets. There is a sweetness about them that makes me miss them so much. Maybe it’s because you are Switzerland and never fight. I hope not. Because if that’s true Cole and I are screwed.

Lindsey: The newest in the mommydom. Motherhood suits you well. Thank you for putting up with me as a sister in law and coming around to share little miss Keira. She is going to be a bright kid… I mean really, she can meow. That’s huge.


And last but not least…

Mom: Thank you for being a shining example as to what real moms should be. Liz, Cole, Paula, and I all have something to live up to… well… maybe in like 20 or so years for me. Thank you for the hugs… the sacrifice… the yelling… and the spankings. They made me into the perfect person I am today.

Please don’t hit me for that mom.

I was joking.

OW!

Well, HAPPY MOTHER’S DAY!!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awwwww....how sweet! My mom is out traveling in her RV with my stepdad. Makes me miss her. =)

Beth said...

well makes me feel bad after i'm ranting and raving about my mom driving me crazy... lol... at least it was on friday and not on sunday!! hahaha.

TheFitnessFreak said...

Awww, how sweet! I may have to beat them into submission to remember manners but hey, it works!;) And who couldn't love an Auntie that gives us all the candy we want and walks us 1/2 a mile to the swing set?

Lizzie M. said...

Well isn't that sweet! Thanks!!!