Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Let me tell you something about the modeling industry…

I’ve been a little desperate on the job front. 210,000 San Diegans were laid off last Monday when three large companies closed on the same day.

In one word, the market is…

Saturated.


I’ve applied at nearly 100 different businesses and I’ve handed my number out to every Tom, Dick, and Harry who remotely looks like they work in HR – or even walks by HR – or knows a guy, who knows a guy, who knows a guy, who walks by HR.

At the sound of my ringing cell phone, I run faster than an Olympic gold medalist sprinter. Alas, the only call I’ve received is from the Target recorded pharmacy notifying me that my prescription has been filled.

Thanks.

Could you add anti-anxiety meds to that order?




While looking for full time jobs, I’ve been looking to pick up some weekend work.

Lindsey was sweet enough to hook me up with a weekend gig for the first week in October. She informed me about a job as a greeter person at one of those car shows.

The hiring lady called and told me about the job then said, ‘We usually hire models to do this work but since times are a bit tough right now…’

I felt like finishing her sentence and saying, ‘…since times are a bit tough right now, we’re just looking to hire moderately attractive females. Actually, cancel that, we’re just looking to hire females… or attractive cross dressers.’

I fit in that category – the female part, not necessarily the moderately attractive part or the cross dresser part – and I’m excited about a little extra cash. Hello car payment!



I have an interview at one of those ‘big box’ stores next Wednesday for a night/weekend seasonal job. Perhaps I should add, ‘Super Hot Auto Model’ to my resume. Maybe that would help?

5 comments:

Vanessa said...

That is a lot of competition, but you will find something. Fingers are crossed for you.

TheFitnessFreak said...

Nothing like a compliment.......or not! Glad to hear you'll have enough money to buy some Rice-A-Roni and some deli meat, I was worried you'd starve:)

Anonymous said...

Be sure to practice the model like swaying of your arms across the hood ornament, door handles and wheels. lol.

:)

Beth said...

You'll rock the whole modeling thing!! You're HOT! I won't tell Chris about the bikini part of the job...

Lizzie M. said...

Sounds like some good times.....